If you want to get the best truck that money can buy, you’ll probably be better off with a Ram.
Here’s Where the 2019 RAM 3500 is “Best-in-Class”
- Diesel Oil Change Interval
- Diesel Payload
- Diesel Torque — 1,000 lb-ft
- Diesel Towing — 35,100 lbs.
- Gas Horsepower
- Gas Towing
- Snow Plow Rating
Here’s Where the 2019 RAM 3500 is “Class-Exclusive”
- Adaptive Forward Lighting System (AFLS)
- Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension System
- Dual-Real-Wheel Back-Up Sensors
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
- Highest Number of Speakers Available in Segment
- Most Luxurious Interior in Its Class
- Power Convex Trailer-Tow Mirrors
- RamBox Cargo Management System
- Type-C USB Ports
And Here’s Where the 2019 RAM 3500 Got “Top Honors”
- America’s Longest-Lasting Heavy-Duty Pickups
- Best Resale Value in the Industry
- Most Capable Heavy-Duty Truck Ever
Your Choice of Two Winning Engines
1. HEMI 6.4L — 410 Horsepower and 429 lb-ft of Torque
6.4L HEMI V8 with VCT and MDS with the new ZF 8-speed automatic. This powerhouse is tried and tested, with solid credentials. Variable Cam Timing (VCT) helps ensure stellar towing and payload and at the same time generating consistent power and torque. MDS — the Multi-Displacement System and iDFSO, the interactive Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off, helps it run more efficiently by transforming the V8 into a four-cylinder on highway cruises. When it comes to raw power and performance, this 6.4L HEMI V8 won’t disappoint you.
2. Cummins Turbo Diesel — 400 Horsepower and 1,000 lb-ft of Torque
Cummins High Output Turbo Diesel with the Aisin 6-speed automatic. This classic turbo diesel is much improved — stronger, more capable and more durable than the previous generation. Yet, it’s 60 pounds lighter. It has a new cylinder head with new exhaust valves and springs and new rocker arms. It also has new forged connecting rods and bearings and lighter and stronger pistons with new low-friction rings. It has an improved variable geometry turbocharger. Plus, a new fuel pump, fuel filter, and a fuel-line system with a new 2,000-bar fuel rail. It’s outstanding performance and superb towing are reflected via best-in-class diesel torque.
Stronger Backbone and Body
So, what’s new with America’s Longest-Lasting Heavy-Duty Pickups? Well, for starters, larger axles, new brakes, and tougher steel frames and crossmembers. Here are a few more details:
- Conventional hitch capability for a Ram 3500 pickup is rated at 23,000 lbs.
- Durability is built in. 98.5% of the Heavy Duty frame is made up of high-strength steel.
- On 4×4 pickup models, a 9.25-inch front axle features new pinion seals; a new axle housing reduces Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH).
- Toughness is also engineered in with 63,000-psi. steel for the new engine crossmember.
- Improved towing and brake-system hardware includes upgraded components to manage the increased max payload and tow ratings.
Comfortable and High-Tech Interior
The new Ram 3500 HD has great interior storage and even a rear reclining seat. It claims to have more leather and real wood interior coverage than Ford F-250/F-350 or GMC Sierra Denali 2500/3500. It has a new, reconfigurable center console that offers great storage, wireless phone charging, and up to nine USB ports — five Type-A and four Type-C USB ports (faster charging).
The instrument panel also includes a 7-inch display with reconfigurable gauges for critical component tracking. For 2019, the cluster design is model-specific. Its 750-watt/17-speaker Harman Kardon Audio System features the most speakers in the segment.
More Key Features
- 360-Degree Surround-View Camera + Trailer Reverse Guidance + Hitch View + Zoom
- 6 Air Bags (Front, Side Seat-Mounted, and Front and Rear Side-Curtain Air Bags)
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
- Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension System with Bed-Lowering Hitching Assist
- Automatic High-Beam Headlamps
- Bi-LED Headlamps (Mid-Level Models)
- Commercial-Grade 2.5-inch Hitch Receivers
- Dual-Rear-Wheel Backup Sensors
- Fifth-Wheel and Gooseneck Prep Package
- Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking
- Hill Start Assist
- ParkSense Front and Rear Park Assist
- Quad-LED Projector Directional Headlamps (High-Level Models)
Built for Gooseneck Towing
Are you towing with a gooseneck? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that it includes gooseneck bolt plates and center castings, standard 4-/7-pin trailer connector, and a rear in-bed integrated 7-pin connector.
This truck also comes with a major increase in towing capacity. The fully integrated rear-axle cross member structure on all frames was upgraded. The fifth-wheel hitch mounting hardware is also integrated into the production box floor — and includes fifth-wheel pucks.
The technology and systems on the new Ram Heavy Duty will give you peace of mind so you get to your destination while enjoying the drive. Whether hooking up the largest trailers in front of a crowd of onlookers or navigating your journey, you can be confident that things will work.
Smarter Views: Ram HD back-up camera technology works with the optional Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension System. This allows you to back up to a trailer hitch with accuracy — and then lower the hitch receiver under the trailer coupler, eliminating the need for an outside spotter.
It also has torque management that improves both its capability and your confidence when towing big loads over varied terrain. Finally, the power convex trailer-tow mirrors and the Surround-View Camera System with 360-degree visibility helps you monitor what’s going on.
Improvements have been made to enhance towing convenience and control. All suspensions have been fine-tuned to work with the additional capability and ramped-up torque.
It has elegant towing software. For example, Trailer Sway Damping — part of the Electronic Stability Control system — applies asymmetric braking to dampen yaw. Transmission-based Tow/Haul Mode also offers control while towing. Tire Pressure Monitoring System ensures real-time monitoring of air pressure in the trailer tires.
The Ram HD helps you know what’s going on at every moment with its dual-rear-wheel back-up sensors, power convex trailer-tow mirrors, 360-degree Surround-View Camera with Trailer Reverse Guidance View, and the ParkView Read Back-Up Camera. The Auxiliary Camera (from Mopar) and Prep Package provide vehicle interface and 12-pin connector and handle most trailer types up to 40 feet. The camera can be mounted on the back of the trailer — keeping you in visual touch with every detail while towing.
Surround View: Multiple view options from five cameras include front, rear, composite, 360-degree, and cross-path views. It gives the driver a complete picture of the surrounding area, with both sides of the trailer displayed on-screen. Trailer Reverse Guidance and the cargo-view camera are also included.
The new Ram HD has both intelligent software and frame strength, with 98% of these frames comprised of high-strength steel.
From the aspect of physical proficiency, Ram Heavy Duty models support you with top-tier capability: remarkable gas- and diesel-powered towing across the board, further backed with unyielding muscle, measured by that best-in-class available diesel torque for Ram 3500.
The modified multi-gauge boxed frame is now stronger and more resilient. Crossmembers have been upgraded and the new brakes are more responsive. When you opt-in for the Auto-Level Rear Air Suspension System, you’re assured of an even rake from front to rear of the trailer. The system delivers greater control and a more secure towing experience.
The Bottom Line
If you’re looking for the ultimate pickup truck, look no further than the 2019 Ram 3500HD. It has an award-winning track record. Powerful engines. A robust frame and body. A luxurious interior. When combined with cutting-edge technology and innovative features, this truck is a no-brainer.